Sunday, October 9, 2011

4 Noodletools & ABCD ***Week 2

Hi everyone, I would like to share my experiences while week 2 for our online course.

First of all,I looked at www.noodletools.com " provides innovative software that teaches students and supports teachers and librarians throughout the entire research process"  
I really liked and enjoyed with http://www.worldcat.org/ .I tried to find very specific information on( using blogs to learn). One of the links that was helpful to me is: http://www.worldcat.org/title/iwrite-using-blogs-wikis-and-digital-stories-in-the-english-classroom/oclc/449284063&referer=brief_results .I tried several search engines and I found sites with vast amounts of information on that topic, including timelines, downloadable audio books, photos, local or historic significance, authoritative research materials, videos, etc.
I will recommend Worldcat search site as it gives a big choice of resources.
*******************************

Also,this week I have learned writing learning objectives in a clear and straight way, taking into account those 4 letters that stand for:
Audience (my students)
Behavior (tangible and measurable)
Condition (Circumstances or context)
Degree (how well the performance will be required)
We, as teachers, are always writing objectives or aims for our classes, but sometimes we leave out one of those four aspects mentioned above and that leads to students not knowing exactly what it is expected from them or what they will have to achieve by the end of the class.
Designing clear objectives for the class will help us organize a better session, planning more suitable activities or tasks for our students
 *******************************
 

4 comments:

Johanes L. Taloko said...

Hi Maryam..

Thanks a lot by showing us another useful search engine WorldCat. I've visited that website and I think it's good for us if we want to look for articles or files.

I also agree with you that designing clear objectives for the class will help us organize a better session, planning more suitable activities or tasks for our students. Sometimes I forget to do this prior my teaching activities.

Johanes

Unknown said...

Hi Maryam,

I liked your decorated blog, it really shows how artistic you are. It also helps the students to cool their brains to learn new things.

Deep
(Nepal)

maryam said...

Hi Johanes,
I hope that this tool is used more and more so that people can move out of googling.
Also,ABCD method will give us the opportunity to be focused on what we really want to happen in our classroom.
All the best,
Maryam

maryam said...

Hi Deep,
I am glad you like it!
Also,I am glad to be my webmate.
Regards from Oman
Maryam

Post a Comment